The Binghamton Homeownership Academy announces a new product for middle income earners looking to buy a home.
$30,000 First Time Homebuyer Loan
-No Payments if you maintain ownership!
-Fully forgiven after 10 years!
-Apply up to $10,000 for closing costs!
-Apply the remainder to housing repairs!
-Targeted specifically for middle income earners!
The Academy has already helped two young professionals with the purchase and repair of their first home, but only THREE of these special loans remain!! call now to see if you qualify!!
Must purchase home by December 1, 2013
Call today to see if you qualify!!
2013 PREFERRED PROVIDER PROGRAM Presents:
“First Time Home Buyer Specialist”
9-Hour Continuing Education Credits
Facilitator: Michele Clark, Quaranta Housing Svces at OFC, Inc.
Binghamton Homeownership Academy
21 New Street
Binghamton, NY 13903
COST: $50.00 per agent
A light supper to be provided each night
Training materials/textbooks included
For registration form, please email:
*Limited seating available – First Come/First Served
The Binghamton Homeownership Academy currently has 3 grants available:
- FIRST TIME HOMEBUYER – City of Binghamton Affordable Housing Program provides first time buyers with deferred loans to assist with down payment and closing costs up to $10,000. After 5 years, the loan is forgiven in full if the buyer stays the occupant of the purchased property.
- FIRST TIME HOMEBUYER – City of Binghamton AHC grant which provides up to $10,000 toward purchase and $20,000 toward rehabilitation costs. This grant program is targeted specifically for middle-income families, so please reach out to BHOA to determine eligibility.
- EXISTING HOMEOWNER – City of Binghamton HOME grant provides deferred renovation loans ( no monthly payments/ no interest) to eligible owner-occupants of single unit homes. The maximum loan amount is $25,000.
For more information on these grants please call 607-722-7240.
Thinking of purchasing in Chenango County?
Quaranta Housing Servics now has a grant availible which provides $20,500 toward down payment and closing cost assistance. Please call 607-336-2101 Ext 128 if you are interested in purchasing your first home in Chenango County.
The First Home Club* (FHC) is an excellent program that rewards those who are saving to make their first home purchase, and the BHOA partners with several local banks to offer this matched savings program. For every $1 you save and deposit, one of our local FHC lenders will match it with $4–up to a maximum of $7,500 MATCH!
There are various savings plans ranging from 10 to 24 months long, and our academy counselors can help pair you with a local lending institution that offers the FHC Savings Account.
For more information contact Michele Clark 607-336-2101 ext 122.
The Binghamton Homeownership Academy will be offering Pre-Purchase Education Group Sessions. The Academy will be offering five (5) sessions this year, with classes running from 5:30 – 8:30pm on Thursday evenings. The schedule is as follows:
- February/March: 2/7, 2/21, 2/28, 3/7, 3/21
- April/May: 4/4, 4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/9
- May/June: 5/23, 5/30, 6/6, 6/13, 6/27
- Sept/Oct: 9/5, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/10
To accommodate those with work conflicts, we are offering one session of classes hosted on Saturdays, from 9:00am to 1:00pm:
- Oct/Nov (Saturday Sessions): 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9
Each session has a total of five (5) classes that you must be able to attend in order to receive a Certificate of Completion, which makes you eligible for academy grants and assistance.
There is no charge for the class, however, there is a charge of $18.00 for the class manual that is required reading.
If you would like to participate in any of the group sessions in 2013, please contact Metro Interfaith Housing Counseling at 723-0582 to reserve your seat. Space is limited, so please reserve your seat well in advance!