PRE-PURCHASE HOMEBUYER EDUCATION
Anyone who is thinking about buying a home for the first time should become educated about the process. It is easy to sign on the dotted line and make promises about paying your monthly mortgage payment, but do you really understand what it takes to be a successful homeowner?
The first step on the road to home ownership is to attend our nationally accredited Homebuyer Education Class. Taught by NeighborWorks® America certified instructors, the class will teach you everything you need to become a successful homeowner. After completion, you will be well-prepared for the home buying process–if you still feel homeownership is the right decision at this time.
The topics that will be covered are:
- How to work with a real estate agent
- Finding the right lender and the lending process
- Help in choosing the right house
- What to expect at closing
2018 Homeownership Academy Class Schedule
First Session: Saturdays, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm, at the Broome County Public Library
- March 17th, 24th, 31st, and April 7th
Second Session: Wednesdays, 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm, at Metro Interfaith, 21 New St., Binghamton
- May 9th, 16th, 23rd, June 6th, June 13th
Third Session: Saturdays, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm, at Broome County Public Library
- September 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
Fourth Session: Tuesdays, 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm, at Metro Interfaith, 21 New St., Binghamton
- October 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, November 6th
Light supper will be provided for each night class and light breakfast will be provided for each daytime class.
Contact the Homeownership Academy Coordinator, Conant Smith, for more information or to sign up!
- Phone: (607) 723-0723
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org